CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR ANARCHIST PARENTING ZINE!!
(SIGNAL BOOST IF YOU CAN)
I’m compiling a zine called B(A)bysitter’s Club: a collaborative zine for anarchist and radical parents, caregivers, allies, babies, kidz, and the young at heart.
I want to create a resource for those who live or spend time with children. As an anarchist and a childcare provider myself, is it hard to find games, advice, stories,experiences, etc.. that are reflective in my values of youth liberation and operates on an anti-oppression framework. Additionally, I want to include narratives that are not centered around white, suburban, middle class, able-bodied, hetero and gender-normative families, caretakers, and kids.
Some ideas for submissions include:
- what is “anarchist parenting”?
- anarchist parenting/childcare tips, techniques, and troubleshooting
- how to foster intergenerational and child-friendly spaces
- stories from personal experiences
- children’s stories that aren’t fucked up and problematic
- DIY baby slings, cloth diapers, toys, etc;
- kid-friendly collaborative games and activities
- fun snack recipes
- capitalism and childhood
- navigating pre-school/public education
- caring for kids in urban or rural regions
- imaginative play and craft ideas
- artwork and pictures for the zine itself
These topics are merely suggestions, of course I would love to receive a huge variety of submissions on a plethora of subjects that are not explicitly listed.
Send your submissions to:
Questions, feedback, suggestions, and concerns are always appreciated and taken seriously.
Deadline for first round of submissions: July 10th, 2012
kittensatdaggersdrawn, you will love this.
Call for submissions: Anarchist parenting zine.